Joshua Yàthín Y̖u Page Badge

12 April, 2010

E lucevan le stelle from Tosca

It has been a while since my last post.
I am well occupied by the school work, hence not much time can be spared blogging. In the coming few posts, I will try to make some translations to some popular Classical songs or arie. I would basically find the English version in the Internet and translate a Chinese version. I will get started with E lucevan le stelle from Tosca.



ItalianEnglishChinese
E lucevan le stelle,
e olezzava la terra
stridea l'uscio dell'orto
e un passo sfiorava la rena.
Entrava ella fragrante,
mi cadea fra le braccia.

O dolci baci, o languide carezze,
mentr'io fremente le belle forme disciogliea dai veli!
Svanì per sempre il sogno mio d'amore.
L'ora è fuggita, e muoio disperato!
E non ho amato mai tanto la vita!
How the stars used to shine there,
How sweet the earth smelled,
The orchard gate would creak,
And a footstep would lightly crease the sand.
She'd come in, fragrant as a flower,
And she'd fall into my arms.

Oh! sweet kisses, oh! lingering caresses,
Trembling, I'd slowly uncover her dazzling beauty.
Now, my dream of love has vanished forever.
My last hour has flown, and I die, hopeless!
And never have I loved life more!
那時眾星在閃爍,
大地散發飄香
果園的大門傳來呀呀的聲音
一個腳步揚起了沙塵。
身上散發幽香的她走進來,
墮進我的懷中。

那些甜蜜的吻,那些溫柔的撫摸,
當我因面紗下的美麗面孔而顫抖!
我愛情的夢想已經永遠消逝。
時刻已在迫近,是死於絕望!
我從未對生命有如此眷戀!

No comments:

Post a Comment